Ramping for Wheelchair Users: Level 2 on 1st Feb 2022 from 09:30 to 12:30
RAMPING FOR WHEELCHAIR USERS: LEVEL 2
1 February 2022 | 09:30 - 12:30 | Online via Zoom
In Level 2 we explore more complex ramping scenarios and also look at how to assess for ramps with side-on approaches and changes of direction. We explore the pros and cons of level/sloped access vs ramped access and how to assess for each. Additional topics include: designing for users with visual impairments and the purpose and use of ramp Design Briefs (specifications). The course is live and interactive and led by a highly experienced trainer. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD
- Understand how to assess for ramps with side-on approaches and changes-of-direction e.g. ramps that “go around the garden”
- Have reviewed one or more complex ramping schemes within a group setting
- Be able to discuss design considerations for handrails
- Understand the purpose of ramp Design Briefs (specifications) and how to use these as assessment prompt sheets or specifications, or both
- Be able to discuss general requirements for communal ramps e.g. at entrances to blocks of flats
- Be familiar with key design features for users with visual impairments e.g. colour and tonal contrast for ramp surfaces, up stands and lighting
- Understand the pros and cons of level-sloped access vs ramped access and be able to assess for each
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.