Kitchen Adaptation and Design on 19th Jan 2022 from 09:30 to 12:30
KITCHEN ADAPTATION & DESIGN
19 January 2022 | 09:30 - 12:30 | Online via Zoom
This module explores key issues relating to the adaptation and design of accessible kitchens and aims to provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills needed to work confidently and effectively in this area. The course is interactive and utilises a variety of training methods, including PowerPoint presentations, case studies, discussion and videos. The course is live and interactive and led by a highly experienced trainer. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD
- Be able to discuss client considerations relating to kitchens and understand how these can influence the design or adaptation of same
- Be familiar with optimum layouts, space standards and design principles for accessible kitchens
- Have explored ways of incorporating flexibility into kitchen design
- Be aware of a range of equipment and appliance options
- Have observed demonstrations on how to measure seated individuals for worktop heights, wall cupboards, toe recesses
- Have experience of problem solving kitchen adaptation issues within a group setting
- Be familiar with the purpose and use of design briefs / specifications and have received a copy of the Viva Access Kitchen Design Brief
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.