Ramping for Wheelchair Users: Level 1 (Ireland)
COURSE IS ON TUES 12 JULY 2022
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN !
This course deals with the essential issue of ramping and aims to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge needed in order to provide appropriate recommendations for people who experience difficulty in overcoming changes of level within their environment.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, DELEGATES SHOULD:
- Be able to assess client considerations and discuss how these can affect ramp choice/design
- Be aware of the key design principles and assessment criteria relating to ramps
- Have an overview of the different types of ramps available (portable, temporary and permanent) and feel confident specifying for individual users
- Have explored the purpose and use of portable ramp risk assessment forms
- Be familiar with the concept and use of ramp gradients and how to assess for these
- Be able to discuss regulations relating to provision of handrails
- Have viewed one or more demonstration videos on how to assess individual users and/or properties for ramps
- Have taken part in desktop exercises relating to straight-approach ramps
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.